Professional Carpet Cleaning
Because carpet cleaning your carpet is more than regular vacuuming.
The Importance of Carpet Cleaning
Like any significant investment, carpet will last longer if it is maintained and cared for properly. You might be thinking carpet cleaning is an easy DIY project, but you should know that not all cleaning agents can be used on all fiber dyes. Certain cleaners may cause damage to fibers and void the manufacturer’s warranty. Manufacturers often stipulate within the warranty that a licensed professional must perform deep cleaning procedures to validate the warranty. Frequently used carpet should be professionally cleaned by a certified IICRC (Institute of Inspection Cleaning and Restoration Certification) technician at least once a year. In other words, cleaning your carpet is more than regular vacuuming. Deep extraction cleaning removes dirt particles and other materials that have become embedded into the fibers by the pressure of foot traffic. The type of fiber used in the carpet will be the primary factor in selecting the appropriate method.
Newport Floor Covering understands the value of protecting your investment with regular carpet cleaning so we are partnered with the experts at Carpet One Cleaning of Orange County. Don't hesitate to discuss with our team of carpet professionals any concerns you have regarding your carpet cleaning routine.
Cleaning Methods Overview
Take a look at the most common professional carpet cleaning methods used in the industry:
• Dry Extraction- a powdered cleaning agent is sprinkled over the carpet, and then worked into the fibers with a stiff brush or agitating machine.
• Dry Foam- a detergent solution is whipped into foam by an air compressor and applied to the carpet with a revolving brush that combs the foam through the pile, so each fiber is cleaned.
• Hot Water Extraction (HWE) - also called “steam cleaning”, this method uses high-pressure to drive hot water and detergent to the carpet. It is important to highlight that HWE is the only professional cleaning method that will maintain your carpet warranty valid.
• Absorbent Pad Method- a solution of detergent and water is sprayed onto the carpet, and a rotary pad agitates the carpet tufts, similar to the action of a floor buffer, to loosen and collect the dirt.
• Shampoo Cleaning- the rotary shampoo method uses equipment similar to the absorbent pad method, except the shampoo solution is fed through the brush directly into the carpet.
For more information on professional carpet cleaning, contact us today!